Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
This lady is looking for a volunteer to teach her how to cook vegan dishes as she is looking to eat more healthily. She has MS and is sometimes too fatigued to cook everyday so to have some dishes which she can freeze and simply reheat would be great.
She gets more tired towards the end of the day so would like a volunteer during the day time.
She is very chatty and has a good sense of humour.
This opportunity would suit anyone who enjoys cooking, even if they are not very knowledgeable about vegan dishes as they can have fun learning and cooking together
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Befriender Match – Swimming Assistance
- Befriender Match – Help with Cooking
- Befriender Match – Chats and Discussions
- Befriender Match – Bodhran
- Befriender Match – Discussions on current affairs
- Befriender Match – All kinds of socialising
- Befriender Match – Photography & Gardening
- Befriender Match – Woodworker seeking assistance!
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire