Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
This blind lady loves to swim but cannot get to the swimming pool without assistance so she is looking for a volunteer with a car to go swimming with her. She would like the volunteer to pick her up in a car and drive to The Meadway Leisure Centre. They can then swim together before returning home to the Coley Park area.
None of our volunteers are asked to give anyone personal care. This is a befriending and supporting role.
As well as swimming, she likes doing various crafts including making cards, collage and embroidery.
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Befriender Match – Help with Cooking
- Befriender Match – Chats and Discussions
- Befriender Match – Bodhran
- Befriender Match – Discussions on current affairs
- Befriender Match – All kinds of socialising
- Befriender Match – Photography & Gardening
- Befriender Match – Vegan Cooking
- Befriender Match – Woodworker seeking assistance!
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire