Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
This lady in her mid 50’s is looking for a person to do one of 2 activities with her.
1) She has a communal garden for the flat she lives in and would like to do some gardening in pots. Due to her physical disabilities, she needs help to do this physically but is also looking for someone who is knowledgeable about what plants would work and what wouldn’t so she can plant the right things and enjoy seeing things grow. Perhaps some herbs as well as flowers?
2) She would like to learn more about photography. She lives near the canal and wants to know how to take better photos of the water and wildlife. Could you share your love of photography with her?
If you have a good sense of humour and enjoy being outside taking photos or gardening then this is the volunteering opportunity you have been looking for!
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Befriender Match – Swimming Assistance
- Befriender Match – Help with Cooking
- Befriender Match – Chats and Discussions
- Befriender Match – Bodhran
- Befriender Match – Discussions on current affairs
- Befriender Match – All kinds of socialising
- Befriender Match – Woodworker seeking assistance!
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire