Our volunteers support and enable people with a physical disability to take up, or return to, a hobby, interest, sporting activity or learning opportunity which they cannot do without some help or support. This support is mainly about giving confidence, understanding and emotional support to bring colour to our members’ lives.
We are looking for everyday folk who might have a few free hours each week to share an interest with someone with a disability. That hobby you’ve had for years might be just the thing that one of our Members is looking for. You never know – volunteering might actually add some unexpected colour to your life too!
This blind man in his 30’s wants to meet more people and make new friends. He is looking for a volunteer once a week or so to help him widen his social circle.
He would like a volunteer to accompany him to various social events and help him to know who else is attending so he can make conversation and find out shared interests.
He is a member of MeetUp in Reading and would like to get to more of their evening / weekend events such as walks, quizzes, pub crawls and meals. He works full time.
He is a keen walker, cinema goer and enjoys doing quizzes.
He has a guide dog who may accompany him to events.
Interested but want to know a little more about what being a volunteer is like? Read about Maria’s volunteering experience HERE
Take a look at our new Befriender Match page to see examples of people seeking befrienders now.
Other opportunities with ENRYCH Berkshire
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Befriender Match – Swimming Assistance
- Befriender Match – Help with Cooking
- Befriender Match – Chats and Discussions
- Befriender Match – Bodhran
- Befriender Match – Discussions on current affairs
- Befriender Match – Photography & Gardening
- Befriender Match – Woodworker seeking assistance!
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives
- Befriender Match – Gym trips and more
Read more about ENRYCH Berkshire