We are the nation’s heart charity and the largest independent funder of cardiovascular research. Coronary heart disease is the UK’s single biggest killer but we are leading the fight against it.
You can help our work and be part of the fight by becoming a volunteer Fundraising Group Leader.
What will I be doing?
Responsibility of the Fundraising Group Leader:
- Lead and coordinate the group in organising fundraising events.
- Build strong relationships with all members and actively recruit new members.
- Represent the charity in your community, acting as the face of the BHF.
- Ensure group activities comply with relevant law and BHF policy.
- Work alongside your local Fundraising Manager.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- A leader who enjoys working with others and is a good team player.
- Diplomacy and the ability to facilitate open discussion.
- Enthusiasm to run and support fundraising events.
- Confidence and willing to act as the face of the BHF in your local community.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Good organisational skills.
- A commitment to the BHF’s values.
In addition to this there would also be the events that they would need to support, possibly one every other month.
Other opportunities with British Heart Foundation
Read more about British Heart Foundation