Our volunteer baking assistants make a selection of sweet treats for visitors to Basildon Park to enjoy. They help make our tearoom and catering outlets a warm and friendly place for our visitors to enjoy and add to their enjoyment of visiting the property. They work as part of a team providing high quality food and drink in a clean and welcoming environment.
What’s in it for you?
- sharing your love of the National Trust with a wide range of people
- baking a selection of sweet treats for sale in the tearoom
- working as part of a friendly and hardworking team
- bake a selection of cakes and traybakes for sale to our visitors, using the National Trust Cookbook recipes
- check that all the ingredients and equipment are ready for baking
- agree with the catering staff which cakes will be baked
- work individually making the cakes.
This role will suit people who:
- have an enthusiastic and friendly manner and
- enjoy working as part of a team
- meeting people
- are confident in baking
- working on your own initiative, although all the resources and ingredients needed will be ready for you when you begin your shift
Other opportunities with Basildon Park (National Trust)
Read more about Basildon Park (National Trust)