We are looking for volunteer baking assistants to join a friendly, hardworking team. They will help make a selection of sweet treats for our tearoom and catering outlets which are warm and friendly places for our visitors to enjoy.
What is involved?
- baking a selection of cakes and traybakes for sale to our visitors, using the National Trust Cookbook recipes
- checking that all the ingredients and equipment are ready for baking
- working individually making the cakes
- supporting security procedures in order to prevent theft and malicious damage
- following National Trust procedure for the safe and calm evacuation of visitors in an emergency
- becoming familiar with, and then following, the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times
We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about sharing their love of Basildon Park and the National Trust’s role in caring for it with our visitors.
This role will suit people who have an enthusiastic and friendly manner and enjoy working as part of a team. You need to be confident in baking and working on your own initiative, although all the resources and ingredients needed will be ready for you when you begin your shift.
Find out more about volunteering with us, come along to our next Volunteer Recruitment Open Day 9 January 2017
Other opportunities with Basildon Park (National Trust)
Read more about Basildon Park (National Trust)