We are looking for a singer to help lead and develop our popular weekly Singing for the Brain group in Charvil. This is a fun and friendly session for people with dementia and their carers to get-together and enjoy a light-hearted sing-song.
Our local staff, together with other volunteers, will be in attendance to provide full support, guidance and to help the session go with a swing.
This role will suit you if you:
- Enjoy the company of people and have a genuine desire to help people with dementia to live well.
- Can sing well and would be happy and confident to lead the group with singing.
- Are able to put together a music and movement programme each week that meets the meets the needs and musical tastes of the people who attend.
- Can play an instrument to a reasonable standard, although this is not essential as another volunteer who attends plays the piano.
- Have some understanding of the principles of music therapy or if not, would be willing to learn.
- Have some understanding of the psychological and emotional benefits of singing
- Have some knowledge of dementia or if not, a willingness to learn.
- Are reliable, believe in our values and are willing to follow our policies and procedures. We will provide appropriate training and on-going support.
This role will give you the opportunity to transform the lives of people affected by dementia in the local area. If you enjoy singing and would like to help people affected by dementia to continue to enjoy life we would love to hear from you.
Other opportunities with Alzheimer’s Society
Read more about Alzheimer’s Society