We are looking for YOUNG PEOPLE AGED 14 TO 18 who can encourage children to take part in and complete this year’s Summer Reading Challenge, Space Chase!
Tasks will include:
- Talking with, and listening to, children aged 4 to 12 about the books they have been reading and suggest other things they may like to read.
- Understanding the way the Summer Reading Challenge works so you can help the children and their parents and carers.
- Handing out reading rewards.
- Helping children and their parents/carers fill in forms to register for the Challenge.
- Assisting with the administration.
- Helping library staff run specific Space Chase events and craft activities.
Contact person firstname
Suzan Davis, CHILDREN'S LEAD
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
All library branches across the town
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Will suit someone like this:
Prefers a specific rolePrefers a regular scheduleSelf organised/motivatedHappy to work soloPrecise and methodicalGood sense of humourSociablePatientSupportiveCommunicator
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
On the job training will be given
Is support given?
Are expenses paid?
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Read more about Reading Borough Council – Central Library