Come and volunteer in our charity shop in Henley where you will be helping us to raise vital funds to keep our hospice running.
There are a variety of different roles:
- Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop
- Advising and helping customers as they browse
- Visual merchandising- ensuring the shop looks it’s best and is on-trend
- Receive donated goods and sort, price and prepare for sale
- Operating the till and dealing with various types of payment
- Answering customer enquiries
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Promote Gift Aid, the Hospice Lottery and other incentives
Contact us today to book a taster session
Contact person firstname
Beth Carey, Volunteer Services Administrator
Contact person's position
Their phone number?
Location address line 1
27 Duke Street
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Any of these times
Shop work / Retail
Will suit someone like this:
Likes team work
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Is training given?
Retail induction training, Health and safety, manual handling, fire awareness, data protection, visual merchandising
Is support given?
Description of support
From Shop manager, and shop staff
Are expenses paid?
Description of expenses
Travel to the shop
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
3 October 2019
Other opportunities with Thames Hospice
Read more about Thames Hospice