Join our Woodley charity shop team and help raise funds to support our Berkshire hospice
Shop work / Retail volunteers needed for Thames Hospice in RG5
Come and volunteer in our Charity shop in Woodley so that you can contribute to raising funds to support our Berkshire hospice.
You can choose from a range of tasks to suit your skills:
- Talking to customers and making them feel welcome in the shop
- Advising and helping customers as they browse
- Visual merchandising- ensuring the shop looks it’s best and is on-trend
- Receive donated goods and sort, price and prepare for sale
- Operating the till and dealing with various types of payment
- Answering customer enquiries
- Keeping an eye on the security of the shop
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Promote Gift Aid, the Hospice Lottery and other incentives
There are shifts available each day and at the weekend.
Register for a taster session today.
Location address line 1
147 Crockhamwell Road
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMTue AMTue PMWed AMWed PMThu AMThu PMFri AMFri PMSat AMSat PMSun AMSun PM
Any of these times
Shop work / Retail
Will suit someone like this:
Likes team work
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Retail induction training, Health and safety, manual handling, fire awareness, data protection, visual merchandising
Description of support
From Shop manager, and shop staff
Description of expenses
Travel to the shop
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
3 October 2019
Other opportunities with Thames Hospice