Befriending Forum February 2019
38 people came along to the Community Hub in Reading Central Library for the first Befriending Forum of 2019, demonstrating the amazing variety of voluntary and community organisations (VCOs) that work in Reading, and beyond. The event offered a mixed menu of activities and themes, to suit the varying needs of the participants. Feedback on the different sessions was very positive with 100% saying they found it useful and would come to future events.
- a presentation from The Jo Cox Foundation
- a workshop by The Jo Cox Foundation on How to Organise a Street Party JCF Guide and RBC Street Party Application
- a RBC/RVA workshop on Finding Out What’s on in Reading RBC Reading Services Guide
- exploring a common volunteer training programme
- an update on the Ready Friends project
You can read the full Befriending Forum report here
Throughout March and April 2017, 437 people filled out a questionnaire so we could understand more about loneliness and social isolation in Reading. The report will help to inform local organisations how they can respond to these issues.
The survey has highlighted who is most likely to be experiencing loneliness and social isolation, how it impacts on different groups of people, what barriers they face to being more socially active and what they would like to be doing if those barriers could be overcome.
Befriending in Reading