The University of Reading is ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world. We are a global university that enjoys a world-class reputation for teaching, research and enterprise.
The University was established in 1892, received its Royal Charter in 1926, and has developed into a leading force in British and international higher education.
We are one of a select group of research-intensive universities that make up the 1994 Group of high-quality academic institutions and take pride in a combination of established history and cutting-edge research.
We deliver a world-class student experience, research-led teaching and our graduate employability record is excellent. The numbers of our students going on to higher level study is well above the national average.
Departments of the university involved in research regularly seek support from volunteers to take part in a range of studies. Notably this applies to the Psychology Department which consists of academics and students who conduct research on a wide range of issues from anxiety to neuropsychological disorders.
Most recent news
- Free online healthy eating advice from University of Reading’s nutritionists
- The Branding Project – open for applications until mid-August 2019
- Looking for brand inspiration? Our students’ expertise could be just what you need
- Does your organisation benefit from student volunteers? Please share your experience with us
- Reading Internship Scheme seeking placements for students
- Give 45 minutes, some blood, and help save lives
- Living Wolfenden’s Legacy – a series of debates