The job of the PCC is to ensure that the policing needs of their communities are met as effectively as possible.
He will aim to cut crime and deliver an effective and efficient police service within the force area. He will do this by:
- holding the chief constable to account for the delivery of the force
- setting and updating a police and crime plan
- setting the force budget and precept
- regularly engaging with the public and communities
- appointing, and where necessary dismissing, the chief constable
The PCC will also work with partner organisations, who have a responsibility for crime prevention, to tackle crime and re-offending.
Most recent news
- Launch of Victims First – new resource for victims of crime
- Proposed Victims’ Services redesign – latest information
- Safeguarding and supporting young people exposed to sexual harm
- Police Property Act Fund open for applications
- Community Safety Fund – consultation on funding arrangements
- Police and Crime Plan Consultation