Our services cover West Berkshire from three sites: Duchess of Kent Hospice in Reading, Wokingham Day Hospice and Charles Clore Unit in Newbury. We provide specialist end of life care, aiming to help people live as well as possible with the effects of their conditions by offering care, symptom management and support from a multi-professional team. Duchess of Kent Hospice is a 15-bed inpatient hospice. All beds are in private rooms overlooking our wonderful courtyard garden and all have en-suite facilities. We also offer advice and support to people in their own homes through our clinical nurse specialist teams, and day hospice care at all three sites.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Could you help someone who is facing the challenge of a life-limiting condition?
- Support families facing the challenge of a life-limiting condition
- Join our fundraising events team
- Help raise income and awareness for Sue Ryder
- Help us to raise awareness of our work in your local community?
- Help welcome our patients and visitors