SPARK Educare is an education charity whose purpose is to offer early intervention support at home, school or at our distraction-free education centre to all vulnerable and disadvantaged children and young people and their families, including those with special education needs who have been excluded from school or at crisis point in their education by providing one-to-one tutoring support.
SPARK is a partner of UK online centre network helping communities tackle social and digital exclusion by offering low cost access to computers and the internet, along with the help and support people need to get started with computers and the internet.
SPARK gained charity status on 29 November 2011 and has worked in partnership with Reading Borough Council and many local schools. The charity runs a number of online tests in Functional skills for adults, various IT qualifications and much more.
* one-to-one tuition in all Core curriculum subjects including Maths, Science, English, Geography, History as well as offer a range of creative activities for children at its education centre during our study sessions.
* a quiet atmosphere ideal for individual learning during our Homework Club session weekends or holiday periods
* tuition to young people and adults in IT leading to European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) awarded by BCS-The Chartered Institute for IT
* training in a range of social enterprise skills, SIA Security and health and Social care
* opportunities for senior citizens (60+) and other sections of society to have basic training in the use of and access to the Internet
Beneficiaries will engage in CV writing, job search and drafting applications and will be given volunteering and working experience as part of their training.
Outside of school the Centre serves as a community learning resource providing educational and ‘fun’ activities including FREE IT training, Homework Club, Art, Dance and Cooking.
Room Hire A small room for 5 to 20 people, with free internet on 5 pcs. Large room is suitable for 20 – 80-plus (no IT facilities).