Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- ‘A wonderful scheme’ – how Tilehurst Together connected local people
- Berkshire West CCG – Listening Event
- Sign up to the Reading Services Guide newsletter
- Berkshire West CCG – strategy for the Voluntary and Community Sector
- RVA Funding Fair – 1:1 appointments now available to book
- RVA Funding Fair – booking open
- Reading Volunteer Awards 2018 – team nominations now open
- BBC Radio 4 Loneliness Experiment – last chance to take part
- Your business can be part of the Reading Volunteer Awards 2018
- Reading Voluntary Action team on the road