Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- A brief guide to our volunteering services
- How RVA will be spreading the word during Volunteers’ Week (1-12 June)
- Act now to make the most of our Volunteers’ Week activities
- Have you ever thought about becoming a volunteer befriender?
- Volunteers’ Week 2016 – Celebrating Reading’s volunteers
- Befriending Forum on 29 June 2016
- Are you looking for trustees?
- Heading for an under/overspend? Keep your funders informed
- NCVO publish model policies for members
- NCVO model policies