Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Live better, help often, wonder more – focus on Sunday Assembly Reading
- Listen, support, connect – celebrating Social Prescribing Day 2019
- Health and Wellbeing Board – 15 March 2019
- What volunteering means to me – call for submissions to our exhibition
- First Ready Friends Befriending Forum of 2019
- Reading Volunteer Awards 2019
- Employment Law Update: ‘The Good Work Plan’
- Magic Breakfast – National School Breakfast Programme
- National Lottery Community Fund one-to-one funding surgery on 14 March 2019
- Thinking of holding a street party? Free road closures available this summer