Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Let’s get walking – May is National Walking Month
- Subsidised Training with the FSI – London May 2017
- Reading Volunteer Awards – Nominations
- Hold the Date – 6 June 2017 Reading Volunteer Awards
- Need help with bookkeeping?
- News from the Wellbeing Forum
- New accounting templates for Company Charities
- Charities Seminar – Update on Data Protection (GDPR)
- Boost your appeal – local media course on 6 April
- Update from Berkshire West Safeguarding Adults Board