Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Active Communities Funding – open for applications until 24 August 2016
- Befriending services making connections
- Update from Reading’s Health and Wellbeing Board
- Strategies and research – new RVA resource page
- West of Berkshire Safeguarding Adults Board – update
- How do you manage your data?
- Funding opportunity – 2017 GSK IMPACT Awards
- Launch of Troubled Families Innovation Fund – 18th July 2016
- Volunteer Coordinators’ Network – Sign up now for the July meeting
- Befriending Forum – 29 June 2016