Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Reading Voluntary Action is the host agency for Healthwatch Reading which enables voluntary organisations and the local community to influence how health and social care services are provided.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- What local funding is available in your community?
- Do you want to get involved in shaping Social Value in Reading?
- Legacy fundraising – sharing experiences and questions
- Join RVA and help local charities develop and thrive – deadline 4 August 2014
- Funding available to help combat ‘loan sharks’ in Reading
- Our stats are on the up!
- Join me for a walk on Tuesday lunch times!
- Sign up for the RVA Volunteering Conference – don’t forget your volunteers can come too
- RVA helping to shape the all new Do-it website
- Challenge us!!! We need an interesting and unusual challenge for a team raring to go!!!