Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Reading Voluntary Action is the host agency for Healthwatch Reading which enables voluntary organisations and the local community to influence how health and social care services are provided.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Do you care about Reading? Become a Trustee for RVA and help us to support and build a strong and vibrant voluntary sector.
- Active Communities – funding opening soon in Berkshire
- Last call for Christmas volunteering roles!
- Volunteer some goodies for Toys and Teens appeal!
- Trustees’ Week – Do you have skills to offer?
- NCVO/BWB National Trustee Conference highlights the need for effective governance
- First session at Reading Central Library a great success
- Social Value – the progress so far
- Holiday pay ruling – What are the implications?
- RVA extends its volunteering service into Reading Library