Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Reading Voluntary Action is the host agency for Healthwatch Reading which enables voluntary organisations and the local community to influence how health and social care services are provided.
- Volunteer Management Training: Building a Team of Volunteers
- Volunteer Management Training: Valuing volunteers and volunteer development
- Volunteer Management Training: Recruitment and creating volunteer roles
- Volunteering research focus group
- Employing Staff: What you need to know
- Trustee Training
- Training: “Don’t Panic!” Introduction to the role of a treasurer
- Training: “Don’t Panic!” Introduction to financial management
- Volunteering Conference 2015
- Reading Trustee Network
Most recent news
- Active Communities funding opening again this week
- Readings Charities First Group Energy Project – Starts TODAY
- Volunteer management training course: A Creative Approach
- Volunteer research – be part of our focus group
- Did you come to the Reading Volunteering Fair in March 2015?
- Sophie’s RVA Youth Volunteering Experience
- Using health data to support your funding bid
- Essential Reading for all Trustees – Charity Commission Guidance Updated
- Get Involved in Reading Year of Culture
- Feeling Proud after an afternoon with Food4Families