Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Reading Voluntary Action is the host agency for Healthwatch Reading which enables voluntary organisations and the local community to influence how health and social care services are provided.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Voluntary Sector Together Matchmaking Event
- Troubled Families Workshop
- RVA AGM 2015
- Young People (16-24) Social Action Focus Group
- Well-being event at Broad Street Mall
- Year of Culture Meeting: focus on non-arts and cultural organisations
- Volunteering research focus group for adults
- Employing Staff: What you need to know
- Trustee Training
- Training: “Don’t Panic!” Introduction to financial management
Most recent news
- Join us for the RVA AGM 2015 and launch of Safe and Sound
- A NCS Summer
- Can you help the Reading Troubled Families programme?
- 16-24? Got a spare hour? Be part of our research project and get a £10 reward
- Indent Design to speak at Reading Trustee Network
- Tolu’s RVA Youth Volunteering Experience
- World Mental Health Day 2015 – Dignity in Mental Health
- RVA’s autumn training schedule published
- Places still available on Volunteer Management training!
- Reading Borough Council VCS Funding Review