Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Reading Voluntary Action is the host agency for Healthwatch Reading which enables voluntary organisations and the local community to influence how health and social care services are provided.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Develop your Skills to Support Victims of Crime
- Build a Website for Beginners
- Making the Most of Social Media Training
- Local campaigning and influencing training
- Community Information and Signposting Session
- Support for Victims of Crime – Introductory Workshop (option 1)
- Support for Victims of Crime – Introductory Workshop (option 2)
- Meet the funder – Lloyds Bank Foundation
Most recent news
- A Reminder of your Trustee Duties – House the Homeless
- Building Better Opportunities Funding 2015
- Santa’s Helpers team gets garden ready for a great New Year
- HIghbridge House open for your Toys and Teens Christmas donations
- AGM Highlights from Reading Voluntary Action
- Who wants free table tennis, table football and snooker?
- Are you eligible for Lloyds Bank Foundation funding?
- 2015 Training Programme
- Could some of your clients be victims of crime – this training is for you!
- Angels’ Attic: Pitch your project to the professionals!