Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Reading Voluntary Action is the host agency for Healthwatch Reading which enables voluntary organisations and the local community to influence how health and social care services are provided.
- RVA Annual General Meeting
- Training: Stop Loan Sharks and understand community lending schemes
- Parliamentary Outreach: Train the Trainer
- Budgeting and Financial Forecasting for Managers and Trustees
- Charity accounts: Introduction to Sage
- Introduction to Accounts using Spreadsheets
- Volunteering Conference 2014
Most recent news
- RVA Annual General Meeting and networking breakfast.
- Could your volunteers help out at the Reading Older People’s Day on 1 October?
- Public Health Observatory – local health profiles
- Vulnerable people coping with severe weather
- The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service – you can nominate now
- Review of Dementia Training in Berkshire
- Can we encourage local giving through legacies?
- Calling trustees – tell us your stories
- Does your organisation support Victims of Crime? Important news
- New community newspaper for Lower Caversham