Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Berkshire Community Foundation 1:1 funding surgery
- Befriending Forum
- Demonstrating your Impact – FSI workshop
- One Reading – Participation and Engagement Forum
- National Lottery Community Fund 1:1 funding surgery
- Lloyds Bank Foundation meet the funder workshop – 10 October 2019
- Universal Safeguarding Children – for charities and community groups
- Designated Safeguarding Officer training – for charities and community groups
- An Introduction to Volunteer Management
- Trustee Training
Most recent news
- Friendship volunteering survey
- How technology can help to alleviate loneliness and social isolation
- Have your say – RBC strategy consultations
- BCF – new funding rounds and 1:1 surgeries
- Cultural Commissioning 2020 – open from September 2019
- Befriending Forum on 26 September 2019
- RVA are recruiting – join the team!
- Reading Youth Summer Activities
- ‘Great to connect and learn new skills’: a review of our first Social Action Leader’s Network
- Primary Care Networks