Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Information drop in for disabled people and their families
- How to cost your services – workshop for voluntary and community groups
- Introduction to the Treasurer Role
- Befriending Forum
- Berkshire CEO Forum
- Voluntary Sector Market Place for Brighter Futures for Children [Readings’ childrens’ services]
- Trustee Training
- FSI Training – Preparing major grant applications and tenders
- Safeguarding Adults training – for charities and community groups
- Volunteer Coordinators’ Network
Most recent news
- Cultural Commissioning Funding – Stage 1 open until 25 February 2019
- What does the NHS Long Term Plan mean for the voluntary sector?
- Health and Wellbeing Board – Friday 18 January 2019
- Befriending Forum on 19 February 2019 – booking now open
- Spotlight on the Voluntary Sector – call for more articles
- RVA highlights of 2018
- Improving wellbeing and mental health in Reading – Wellbeing Forum report
- Market your services to Brighter Futures for Children Reading
- Slides from the Cultural Commissioning Ready Workshop
- Local Charities Day – Friday 14 December 2018