Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Equality and Human Rights Framework – new dates announced in May and June
- The NHS turns 70 – celebrate the contribution of volunteers
- Health and Wellbeing Board – update
- RVA office closed today – Monday 19 March
- Beyond Oxfam – a safeguarding update
- Reading’s Health and Wellbeing Board – 16 March 2018
- Let’s Make Reading Friendlier! – picture gallery
- New to the role? Treasurer training next week
- Equality and Human Rights Framework: learning programme postponed
- Funding opportunities – homelessness prevention and support