Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Learn more about Personal Health Budgets
- Sign up now! Reading’s Wellbeing Forum for the voluntary sector
- Reading Volunteer Awards 2017 – Round-up and Photo Gallery
- Office space to rent at the library
- Wellbeing Forum – a focus on partnership working for health and wellbeing
- Reading Volunteer Awards – Thank you for a wonderful evening
- Show funders that you’re prepared
- Next Wellbeing Forum 14 July – hold the date
- “Social Prescribing should become a normal part of General Practice delivery”
- Launch of Tilehurst Together