Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Reading Voluntary Action is the host agency for Healthwatch Reading which enables voluntary organisations and the local community to influence how health and social care services are provided.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Active Communities funding – more postcodes added!
- Want us to publicise your needs, news or events at the start of the New Year??
- Find all the local services supporting victims of crime
- Active Communities funding programme opens 10 December!
- Review of potential use of building formally known as ‘Central Club’
- Gain the Gift of Time for your organisation
- Monthly Lunchtime Training Bites start in January
- Are you prepared for pension auto-enrolment?
- A reminder to trustees of your duties – Gads Hill School report
- Maximising Resources for Adult Mental Health