Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Excited by social action and its potential?
- Guidance for Trustees: How protected are your beneficiaries?
- Four week countdown to the new Automatic Disqualification Rules
- Save the date: Reading’s second Disability Awareness Day
- Passionate about community? Take a look at our September launch
- Self-employed or a worker? Lessons from the Pimlico case
- Social Impact Bond to improve outcomes for young people in Reading
- ‘Building Connections Fund’ to open in July 2018
- Police Property Act Fund – open until 17 July
- People’s Health Trust Funding open in Reading until 11 July