Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Most recent news
- Mental Health First Aid for staff and volunteers working with young people
- RVA highlights of 2019
- Sarah Morland reflects on her role as Partnership Manager with RVA
- Our Reading, our future: research into young people’s experience of growing up in Reading
- Be part of Reading Community Lottery! Good causes launch event in January 2020
- Berkshire Vision
- What’s On Reading website – new guide to arts, culture and heritage events
- Wellbeing Forum – remember to book your place!
- Let’s celebrate Trustees’ Week 2019! NEW Video, opportunities and resources!
- Trustees’ Week 2019 is nearly here – here’s a sneak preview!