Reading Voluntary Action promotes strength within Reading’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) by providing information, access to resources, volunteer recruitment and training to people who work in or with charities, community groups and voluntary organisations. We support voluntary sector representation on cross sector partnership initiatives in Reading.
Our specialist advice for VCS organisations is provided individually and in networks, face-to-face, by telephone and email, or via themed meetings, training and seminars. We publish a variety of useful online resources, plus news and information through a range of channels.
Reading Voluntary Action is the host agency for Healthwatch Reading which enables voluntary organisations and the local community to influence how health and social care services are provided.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Cabinet Office launches £20 million Local Sustainability Fund
- Big Lottery Women and Children’s Initiative
- Final notice on Building Better Opportunities
- News from Reading’s Wellbeing Forum
- “In Kind Direct” provides donated goods to local groups
- Have you looked at the RGneeds.me homepage lately?
- Trustee Network update
- Shaping Carers Services in Berkshire
- Reading’s Social Prescribers – a multi-lingual team
- Are you coming to the Wellbeing Forum for the Voluntary Sector?