Reading Mencap offers support, advisory services, clubs and activities to individuals, families and carers of someone with learning disabilities in the Reading area. We have Family Advisors who visit families and provide support. We also run a number of clubs for all age groups which provide respite for the family. Our Siblings club runs in the school holidays. Please check out our website for the latest news, activities and details of our clubs or email us to find out how to become a member.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Help us continue to support local people with learning disabilities – 7 October 2017
- Reliable, friendly, proactive and approachable? Help support our coffee club for adults with learning disabilities
- Help organise all the pre-loved treasure donated to us!
- Encourage our members to throw some shapes at our popular monthly Disco
- Take the lead in developing our new publicity strategy