It is our aim to help and assist blind and partially sighted people in Reading to provide leisure and recreational facilities and to work for the improvement of the quality of their lives. To this end we offer handicraft clubs, social activities, a resource and information centre and a home visiting service. Our opening hours are Tuesdays 9am to 3pm, Wednesdays 9am to 3pm and Fridays 9am to 3pm.
Home visiting service for registered blind and partially sighted people living in Reading Borough.
Aids to daily living such as talking watches and clocks, liquid level indicators, bumpons, etc. can be inspected and purchased.
A charitable company limited by guarantee, Reading Association for the Blind’s roots go back to 1883 but the Association in its present form dates from 1926.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Seeking Treasurer/Bookkeeper to join our trustee team
- Minibus Driver and Passenger Assistant needed!
- Help represent our organisation at local events
- Pottery, sewing, colouring, painting, knitting and much more!
- Minute taker needed
- Do you have green fingers? We are looking for a gardeners assistant to join our team