Reading Community Learning Centre (RCLC) is a charity that helps ethnic minority women and their families living in the Reading area. We reach out and empower isolated and vulnerable women to grow their skills, confidence and independence. We do this through learning, support and friendship. Most of our women are migrants who speak little or no English and have limited experience outside their home, although a few are skilled women who have formal qualifications but lack English skills/experience and ‘know-how’ needed to find a UK job.
RCLC provide free and informal non accredited English conversation classes, reading and writing, IT; sewing, health, beauty/confidence building and employability classes; in-house volunteering programme; information, advice and guidance and an Ofsted accredited crèche
Most recent news
- Celebrate International Women’s Day at RCLC – 21 March 2018
- Reading Community Learning Centre chosen for Co-Op funding
- Employability skills training for women
- Would you run for Reading Community Learning Centre in the Reading Half Marathon?
- Volunteering stories: “Now I’m very busy, but I come here, help them, and then go to work”
- Do you need a good training venue or individual classrooms?