The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- World Mental Health Day – 10 October
- Co-location opportunity in West Reading and Tilehurst
- Narrowing the Gap II – Help shape plans from 2018 to 2022
- Narrowing the Gap II – save the dates
- Reading Domestic Abuse Forum: child to parent/carer abuse
- Third Sector Premises – Shop unit, 50 Coronation Square, Reading RG30 3QN – BIDDING OPPORTUNITY
- Third Sector Premises – Land & Buildings at Amethyst Lane, Reading RG30 2EZ – BIDDING OPPORTUNITY
- Small grants for education and social & medical welfare
- Reading Residents Get-Together to celebrate the Big Lunch
- Reading’s Climate Change Strategy: your chance to comment