The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Community Safety Survey – open until 15 December 2017
- Foster Carers needed in Reading
- Whitley Advice Shop – Short Lease Rental Opportunity
- Narrowing the Gap II – registering on In-Tend
- Glass Recycling Initiative – prizes for community groups up for grabs
- Yeomanry House – Freehold Bidding Opportunity
- Fun Palaces: events at all Reading Libraries on 7 October
- Older People’s Day 2017
- 30 hours of free childcare available
- World Mental Health Day – 10 October