The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Most recent news
- Reading Libraries has two spaces for potential rental
- West Berkshire Joint Safeguarding – annual conference for practitioners
- Polling Station Review – open until 2 January 2019
- Cultural Commissioning Ready Workshop 13 December 2018 – funding streams released
- Take part in the SEND local offer survey 2018-2019
- Relocating mental health services – RBC consultation open until 28 December 2018
- Consent online – new resources for 3 to 18 year olds
- Hut at Knights Way, Emmer Green – bidding opportunity
- Public health services in Reading – consultation open until 6 January 2019
- Winter watch – helping vulnerable families stay warm this winter