The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Most recent news
- Cultural Commissioning Steering Group – open meeting
- New Homelessness Support Services for Reading
- Changes to the Community Mental Health Team
- Successful ‘Reading, Place of Culture’ funding bids announced
- RBC workshop on Troubled Families – 6 June 2018
- Reading, Place of Culture – funding available
- Children’s Voluntary Sector Forum – 17 May 2018
- Creative Employment pilot – bidding opportunity
- Dementia Action Week 21 – 27 May 2018
- Palmer Park Lodge – Bidding Opportunity