The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Most recent news
- Food waste collections for Reading residents – starting in February 2021
- Covid-19 Behaviour insight survey – open until 23 November 2020
- Making Every Contact Count – free online training
- Shop to let – 34 Coronation Square
- Safeguarding Adults online training through RBC – various dates
- Covid-19: infection rates in Reading continue to rise fast
- RBC consultation on draft Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document
- Building a new stop smoking service for Reading, West Berkshire and Wokingham
- RBC coronavirus advice in Bengali, Hindi, Nepali, Polish, Punjabi, Urdu and Konkani
- Older People’s Day 2020 – call for submissions