The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Most recent news
- Drug alert for Reading
- Virtual Vigil brings #ReadingTogether in memory of Forbury Gardens victims
- Advice on coping with heat and Covid-19 as heatwave level 2 warning issued for this week
- RBC small grants to the voluntary sector – next phase of funding open until 30 June 2020
- Reading’s Local Transport Strategy – online Q&As on 26 May 2020
- Accessible information about coronavirus from RBC
- Reading Place of Culture support to the arts and culture sector
- New £100k RBC fund to support small community groups
- Land off Overdown Road for sale – third sector bidding opportunity
- Vacant shop at 479 Northumberland Avenue to let – third sector bidding opportunity