The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Wild about Reading – 9-day programme celebrating nature across Reading
- Thames Valley alert – older drivers targeted with fake fines
- South Reading Community Hub celebrates its first birthday
- Reading Services Guide – market testing
- RBC consultation on main modifications to the Local Plan
- Briefing note on the Tenant Fees Act 2019
- Are you interested in becoming a MECC Trainer locally?
- Young People’s Mental Health Pilot in South Reading
- Apply for free community and charity stalls at Reading Water Fest
- Take part in RBC’s consultation on their Statement of Community Involvement