The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- New £100k RBC fund to support small community groups
- Land off Overdown Road for sale – third sector bidding opportunity
- Vacant shop at 479 Northumberland Avenue to let – third sector bidding opportunity
- Co-location opportunities at Battle and Tilehurst libraries for voluntary and community groups
- Are you registered to vote? The deadline is midnight on 26 November 2019
- The Berkshire Observatory
- Formal bidding process now open for Southcote Library freehold disposal – until 16 January 2020
- Vacant land to the rear of The Lawns, Windermere Road to let – closing date 2 January 2020
- Have you had your flu jab?
- Community Safety Survey – open until 15 November 2019