The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Advance Notice – Freehold Disposal of Whitley Library
- Battle Library Community Hub opens on 17 September 2019
- Cultural Commissioning Year 3 Categories announced
- Join Reading Adopt Your Street (RAYS)
- Have your say on sport and leisure: Active Reading consultation now open
- Wild about Reading – 9-day programme celebrating nature across Reading
- Thames Valley alert – older drivers targeted with fake fines
- South Reading Community Hub celebrates its first birthday
- Reading Services Guide – market testing
- RBC consultation on main modifications to the Local Plan