The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- New Chief Executive for Reading Borough Council
- Join the council’s Approved Personal Assistant register
- Sport England launches two new grant programmes to increase volunteering
- Consultation on reshaping Homelessness Support Services
- Earn rewards and win prizes for cycling!
- Troubled Families Innovations Fund: round two launched
- Heritage Lottery Fund 1-1 funding advice – 22 March
- Sports pavilion for lease
- Consultation – Reading Your Way
- Making Every Contact Count (MECC) – free workshops