The Queens Arms project aims to promote and support social inclusion and provide basic nutritional and clothing needs to the diverse homeless population in Reading. The project will be embracing to all members of the homeless population and work to actively challenge and reduce the stigma attached to homelessness and the discrimination experienced by the homeless community. The Queens Arms is an alcohol free pub in the heart of Reading. New Beginnings Reading will also be launching an advocacy service and opening a cafe and shop to provide free food, clothing and other essential items for those in need in Reading.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Help us run our Community Fridge
- Join our After School Cafe team!
- Take a look at this varied role supporting a new After School Group
- Could you help prepare breakfast for guests of our all night cafe for the homeless?
- Help welcome guests to our all night cafe for the homeless
- Could you spare a few hours late evening to provide a wholesome meal to Reading’s homeless?