ENRYCH is a national charity with established Branches across various counties of the UK. It was based on the vision of the late Leonard Cheshire, who was keen to ensure the availability of leisure and learning opportunities for adults with a physical disability.
Enrych helps to identify a person’s leisure or learning preference and, together, establishes personalised outcomes. From this process, Enrych facilitates how best to meet this need, be it through the sourcing of like-minded volunteers, supported introductions, group activities or the opportunity to become part of the Enrych community through organised social events, regular newsletters etc.
The types of activities are virtually limitless and can include swimming, computer studies, painting, reading, angling, golf, riding, gym, bowls, gardening, arts and crafts, creative writing, playing musical instruments and watching football.
ENRYCH has a register of trained and approved Personal Assistants available for matching to disabled clients.
ENRYCH seeks to tackle the social isolation, low self esteem and boredom caused by physical disability.
Please note the postcode for letters is RG6 6AT but if you are visiting us you will find us at the location shown on the map, postocde for Satnav is RG6 7BE
Current volunteering opportunities
- Bring new skills, knowledge and energy to our board
- Befriender Match – Swimming Assistance
- Befriender Match – Help with Cooking
- Befriender Match – Chats and Discussions
- Befriender Match – Bodhran
- Befriender Match – Discussions on current affairs
- Befriender Match – All kinds of socialising
- Befriender Match – Photography & Gardening
- Befriender Match – Woodworker seeking assistance!
- Help bring colour to our members’ lives