ENRYCH is a national charity with established Branches across various counties of the UK. It was based on the vision of the late Leonard Cheshire, who was keen to ensure the availability of leisure and learning opportunities for adults with a physical disability.
Enrych helps to identify a person’s leisure or learning preference and, together, establishes personalised outcomes. From this process, Enrych facilitates how best to meet this need, be it through the sourcing of like-minded volunteers, supported introductions, group activities or the opportunity to become part of the Enrych community through organised social events, regular newsletters etc.
The types of activities are virtually limitless and can include swimming, computer studies, painting, reading, angling, golf, riding, gym, bowls, gardening, arts and crafts, creative writing, playing musical instruments and watching football.
ENRYCH has a register of trained and approved Personal Assistants available for matching to disabled clients.
ENRYCH seeks to tackle the social isolation, low self esteem and boredom caused by physical disability.
Please note the postcode for letters is RG6 6AT but if you are visiting us you will find us at the location shown on the map, postocde for Satnav is RG6 7BE
Current volunteering opportunities
- Sports fan? Share your love of sport with this good-humoured gentleman
- Chess opponent wanted!
- Join this lady for trips out when the weather’s nice and baking and crafting when it’s not
- Pool player wanted to help this gentleman get out in his local community
- Accompany this lady on trips to the theatre and places of interest
- Help this gentlemen explore his local area
- Artistic/ poetic collaborator sought!
- Crafty and Sporty? Help this lady explore new interests
- Are you a budding marksman? Help this determined gentleman continue to pursue his interests