Econet undertakes tasks relating to the conservation of the natural environment in public open spaces and other sites in and around Reading.
Econet is an amalgamation of six groups:
– Friends of Clayfield Copse
– Friends of Mapledurham Playing Fields
– Friends of McIlroy Park
– Friends of Waterloo Meadows
– CROW (Conserve Reading on Wednesdays)
– Friends of Cemetery Junction
Our aims are to promote practical conservation of the natural environment for the benefit of the environment and the community, and to provide training in the principles and practice of conservation. To this end we undertake regular conservation tasks at sites in and around Reading.
We are part of The Conservation Volunteers Community Group Network and are supported by Reading Borough Council.