CET is a registered educational charity serving the Greater Reading area (Berkshire). Since 2005 CET has provided free practical help to teenagers from academically disadvantaged backgrounds to realise their full potential. In addition, youth are assisted in their personal development so that they can become confident, responsible, law abiding citizens and make a positive and effective contribution to our wider society. Some of the CET activities are:
· Runs a supplementary weekend school. Main focus is on English, Maths and Science for children between the ages of 10 – 18yrs (boys & girls).
· Runs Citizenship classes, with an aim for pupil to become responsible, law abiding citizens so that they can make a positive and effective contribution to our society. CET invites good role models to motivate and inspire the youth and its activities aim to build confidence and self-esteem of individuals to improve the quality of their lives.
· Conducts adult classes with an aim to educate parents about the structure of the education system; e.g. all different Key Stages and the expected levels of achievement at each stage and helping children at home.
· Conducts adult classes to increase the parental involvement with schools; e.g. attending parents evening, PTA, school governors, volunteering to help out in schools and organising school events.
· Provides career advice to teenagers at the appropriate level; e.g. GCSE, ‘A’ Level, career options and entrance into University.