CIRDIC is a drop-in-centre, established in 1990 because a group of local Christians wanted to respond to the needs of the homeless and clearly disadvantaged people in Reading. Originally the aim was to provide a welcoming place in which to offer food and clothing. Now, in response to growing needs, the Centre offers a wide range of support services to our guests.
These support services include:
* Clean clothing and toiletries
* Bath and shower facilities
* Provision of a safe postal address
* Use of a telephone
* Provision of confirmation of identity
* Listening time
* Regular access to and links with specialist services such as health care and housing
CIRDIC is now recognised as the only Centre in Reading that offers a truly open door and free service. We ask only that our guests behave reasonably when they are with us.