Brighter Futures for Children offers a range of services for children and young people including social care, early help, and services relating to education and special education needs and disabilities.
Brighter Futures for Children is a company limited by guarantee, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council, but run by an independent Board of Directors. Our main aim is to protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading. We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy and successful lives.
Brighter Futures works closely with partners in the local community and key organisations including the Council, police, public health and voluntary groups.
- Thriving not just surviving – an inner garden
- Teaching with a trauma-informed focus
- Becoming a trauma-informed hospital
- Taking a trauma-informed lens to your organisation, and five key drivers for change
- Adapting to and working with a trauma-informed approach in the Pre-Birth Team
- How Thames Valley Police are becoming trauma informed
- One Reading Children and Young People’s Partnership Conference Launch
Most recent news
- Me, you and baby too – new tool from OnePlusOne
- Universal Safeguarding Children e-learning refresher training
- Experiences of Early Help Services in Reading – family survey
- Save the date! One Reading Children and Young People’s Partnership conference
- Understanding Parental Conflict – training and guidance for practitioners
- One Reading Children and Young People’s Partnership – guide to the Family Hub
- World Breastfeeding Week
- Detached Youth Team summer programme
- Update from the Mental Health Support Team
- SEND short breaks provision consultation