Brighter Futures for Children offers a range of services for children and young people including social care, early help, and services relating to education and special education needs and disabilities.
Brighter Futures for Children is a company limited by guarantee, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council, but run by an independent Board of Directors. Our main aim is to protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading. We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy and successful lives.
Brighter Futures works closely with partners in the local community and key organisations including the Council, police, public health and voluntary groups.
Most recent news
- SEND short breaks provision consultation
- Preparing for Adulthood – guide for parents and carers
- Free Training – Understanding Parental Conflict
- Trauma-informed consultation and self-assessment – open until 31 October 2019
- Training opportunity: understanding parental conflict
- Looking for online resources and information?
- Restorative Approaches – dates for autumn programme of training and development
- Places available on free Restorative Practice Facilitators Training – in June and July 2019
- The way in which we work matters: free introductory sessions on restorative practice