Basildon Park is an 18th Century mansion house and estate cared for and run by the National Trust. Basildon was rescued and restored in the 1950’s by Lord and Lady Iliffe and donated to the National Trust in 1978.
National Trust has support from a large team of volunteers to preserve Basildon Park for future generations and allowing the public to enjoy this special place today. Our volunteers help us in a wide variety of ways including from helping in the Garden to encouraging visitors to learn more about the property in the mansion house.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Raffle Ticket Sellers needed
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to our visitors
- Enjoy baking-up sweet treats? Join our catering team!
- Help with the continuing development and renewal of this historic parkland and gardens
- Share your love of National Trust and Basildon Park with a wide range of people
- Help make our catering outlets a clean, warm and friendly place for our visitors to enjoy