Age UK Berkshire help to promote the well-being and independence of older people, help make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience, and ensure older people have a voice in their communities through campaigning and policy influencing work.
Age UK Berkshire’s provision for people in later life includes:
– information & advice about benefits, housing, care and local services
– home help including domestic tasks
– support and management of your financial affairs
– help when returning home from hospital
– befriending through individual and group support
– managed online shopping and delivery
– handyperson help for practical tasks in your home
We also run a range of healthy activities such as Nordic walking, singing, Tai Chi, Zumba Gold and Yoga – see https://www.ageuk.org.uk/berkshire/activities-and-events/
Current volunteering opportunities
- Looking for Urdu speaking volunteers to visit older people in Reading
- Provide a warm welcome to members of our singing group
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Could you help an older person manage their financial affairs?
- Green fingered? Sociable and caring? This could be the role for you!
- Help us enable older people to make active, informed choices about their lives