Age UK Berkshire help to promote the well-being and independence of older people in the county, help make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience and ensure that older people have a voice in their communities.
Age UK Berkshire’s provision for people in later life includes:
– Information & advice about benefits, housing, care and local services across Berkshire
– signposting to other organisations
– handyperson help for practical tasks in your home & garden
– home help including domestic tasks
– support when choosing Care Providers
– support and management of your financial affairs
– help when returning home from hospital
– befriending through individual and group support
– one-to-one support for people with dementia
– introductory computer & technology sessions
– managed online shopping and delivery
– a full range of insurance products, aids and adaptations for your home.
We also run a range of healthy activities which includes; Nordic walking, gardening, Tai Chi, Zumba Gold, keep-fit and Yoga.
To see all the activity groups and services Age UK Berkshire runs, go to www.ageuk.org.uk/berkshire/services/
Age Uk Berkshire also engages in campaigning and policy influencing work with Public Sector bodies across Berkshire and beyond.
Current volunteering opportunities
- Could you lead this county wide charity
- Join the board of this county wide charity
- Help make a difference to the lives of others
- Help support our range of weekly activities for people aged 50+
- Support the group instructor at our weekly Nordic Walking for Health group
- Help with the set-up and welcome at this weekly singing group for over-50s
- Help us provide this lifeline shopping service to older people