Age UK Reading provides vital services, information and support to thousands of older people of all ages and backgrounds.
Age UK Reading works with older people including those from disadvantaged or marginalised groups, such as those living in deprived areas, or black and minority ethnic older people.
Nationally, Age UK enables older people by providing services and grants, researching their needs and opinions, influencing government and media, and through other innovative and dynamic projects.
Age UK Happy Feet – The service is primarily offered to older people who are over 50, unable to cut their toenails and do not need a full chiropody/podiatry service this is available between 09:00 and 14:30. All our staff are trained by Berkshire West NHS Podiatry.
Befriending- Offering home visiting or telephone calls from Age UK Reading volunteers to elderly, isolated residents within Reading. Providing company and support to vulnerable elderly adults.
Our Lunch and Tea Clubs are open to anyone over 55 who lives in Reading Borough, providing a hot two course meal (lunch clubs only), activities (such as Bingo, Boccia and Quizzes), and an opportunity to socialise and make friends. Clubs also provide respite for carers and relatives. Details can be found at www.ageuk.org.uk/reading/our-services/lunch-clubs
Current volunteering opportunities
- Provide friendship and support to improve the quality of life for older people
- Have a huge positive impact on someone’s life by just picking up the phone
- Friendly helpers needed for our Chimneys Club
- Help older people keep on-top of their garden
- Help needed at our Cedar Court lunch club
- Help us make our Cedars Happy Prospects Saturday club a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
- Run fun engaging sessions for our groups of older people
- Help us make our Weirside Club a comfortable and welcoming place to visit
- Put your imagination, creativity and energy to good use
- Join our lunch club team