Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit are seeking a motivated, experienced Benefits Caseworker; a self-starter who is able to hit the ground running and work unsupervised.
The ideal candidate will have recent, significant experience of managing a welfare caseload, involving advice and tribunal representation work for clients regarding their benefits. You will provide an effective and efficient specialist welfare casework service, adhering to our aims, policies and principles, at our office, working from home and at other agreed venues.
- Knowledge and experience of the welfare system and rules relating to benefits.
- Effective oral communication skills with a particular emphasis on negotiating and representing.
- Effective written skills with a strong emphasis on negotiating, representing and preparing reports, reviews and correspondence.
- A methodical approach to casework and an ability and willingness to follow and develop agreed procedures.
- Understand the issues involved in interviewing clients.
- Ability to prioritise your own work, meet deadlines and manage caseloads.
- Ability to use IT to provide advice, to be able to record case notes and prepare reports, letters and submissions.
- Ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively, with a willingness to challenge constructively.
To arrange an informal discussion about this role and to request an application pack, please send an email to: email@example.com