We are looking to recruit an experienced welfare benefit advisor for 2 – 3 days a week. The post could also be of interest to someone who has been working as a volunteer providing benefits advice and now wants to move into a paid post.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Advising on welfare benefit entitlement
- Carrying out benefit checks
- Preparing submissions for MR’s and Appeals
- Working with vulnerable clients
Training and support would be provided to someone moving from a volunteer role. There will also be the opportunity to contribute to the management of the Unit.
Further information about the role:
- Initially the post will be until July 2020 with a view to extending, pending outcome of funding bids under consideration.
- There will be a 6 month probationary period.
- Employee Benefits: 28 days annual leave.
- Statutory pension through ‘NEST’.
- Hours of work: up to 21 hours per week.
- Salary: £24k to £28k FTE (35 hours week) paid pro-rata, based on experience and responsibilities undertaken.
- This post is subject to a DBS check.
If you would like to know more about role or to request an application pack please contact the Office Manager, email@example.com.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack and full job description. No CVs will be considered.