We are looking to recruit an advisor to provide a specialist welfare rights advice service for 2-3 days per week. The post could also be of interest to someone who is an experienced case worker or who has been working as a volunteer providing benefits advice and now wanting to move into a paid post. The ideal candidate will have experience in some or all of the following:
- Advising on welfare benefit entitlement
- Carrying out benefit checks
- Preparing submissions for mandatory reconsiderations and appeals
- Working with vulnerable clients.
The ideal candidate will be empathetic, organised, and able to manage a complex caseload, work to deadlines and have experience working in a small self-starting team. Training and support would be provided to someone moving from a volunteer role, or new to the role. There could also be the opportunity to contribute to the management of the Unit.
- There will be a six month probationary period.
- Employee Benefits: 28 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays pro-rata
- Statutory workplace pension through ‘NEST’
- Hours of work: up to 21 hours a week – will consider two people to deliver the full role (Benefits) on a job share
To request an application pack please contact Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit’s Office Manager, Karen Giles, on 0118 955 1070 between 10am and 3pm Tuesday to Thursday or email email@example.com (email preferable).