RAB has been providing support and social activities for people living with sight loss in Reading since 1883. Volunteers are essential for the delivery of RAB’s services. We need our volunteers to feel valued and supported, whilst also ensuring that our service users have the best possible experience with us. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Volunteer Co-ordinator will:
- Be responsible for recruitment, training, support and supervision of RAB volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer records and associated administration (e.g. DBS checks, food handling certificates).
- Develop a RAB volunteer handbook and training programme.
- Research, write, update and circulate RAB’s volunteering policies and procedures.
- Plan and deliver volunteer training and celebration events.
- Attend appropriate training courses and cascade learning.
- Support existing volunteer-led activities and develop new volunteer-led opportunities.
- Be responsible, with support from the Operations Manager and Designated Safeguarding Lead, for investigating any concerns with volunteer behaviours and taking appropriate action.
- Support the Operations manager in scheduling and delivering activities.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and administrative skills and enjoy working with others in a busy environment.
- Please email email@example.com requesting the full job description and person specification before applying with your CV and a covering letter.
- First round interviews will be via Teams on 4 September 2020.
- We may hold in-person second round interviews at Walford Hall in the week beginning 7 September.