Step Up with Sadaka (September 2020 – September 2021)
Do you share our ethos of serving all with no judgement or bias? Do you want to join us in our mission to alleviate poverty and hardship in Reading? If yes, then this may be for you! Sadaka has a new vacancy to coordinate a training project which will help our service users take their first steps towards a better quality of life.
About the project
To help increase self-confidence and impart new skills, the project will offer a multi-stage training programme and a portfolio of learning opportunities, which will ultimately pave the way to further training and/or volunteering/employment. It is funded by the Education Skills and Funding Agency and the European Social Fund.
The role will involve
- Recruiting service users who are interested in what this project has to offer.
- Recruiting mentors and organising training.
- Liaising with local organisations to put together a bespoke programme of courses.
- Putting together a prospectus for the project.
- Promote the project on Sadaka’s social media and website with the help of volunteers.
- Ensuring that students who sign up fulfil the funders’ criteria and complete the paperwork.
- Registering students on the courses which have been identified for them.
- Monitoring students’ attendance and participation on the courses.
- Keeping mentors informed about students’ course participation and issues, if any.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Line Manager and Project Evaluator to ensure that the project achieves its objectives.