Reading Borough Council is transforming the way it delivers services for children, young people and families. We are reviewing how we deliver services to get it right first time. We are seeking an experienced and ambitious individual to ensure we deliver our aspirations.
This post holder will be passionate about multi-agency collaboration as the key to continued service transformation. The post holder will possess highly effective communication and negotiation skills.
They will need to provide compelling evidence to decision makers that different ways of working in partnership secure sustained outcomes for families which reduce demand on both ours and partners’ high cost services.
Thames Valley Police are key partners and the post holder will establish matrix management arrangements for police resources/personnel committed to this work.
The post holder will seek to establish similar arrangements with other Local Authority Departments, Health, Education and Reading’s voluntary/community sector partners to:
- Deliver, evaluate and sustain targeted partnership responses to identified cohorts of families.
- Ensure intelligent use of shared data to identify families and track outcomes.
- Deliver Phase 2 of the Troubled Families Programme and maximise PBR income.
- Embed the Early Help Assessment across all partner agencies.
- Support/matrix manage a network of Lead Professional/Key Workers across a range of organisations.
- Produce compelling evidence of financial benefits/savings and identify opportunities to attract additional, external resources to the Borough.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
For further information about this role please telephone Vicky Rhodes, Strategic Early Help Lead on 0118 937 2998.
Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobsearch for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2039 (24 hour answerphone) quoting the job reference number and the job title of the post you are interested in.