An exciting opportunity to work with Reading Voluntary Action (RVA) and local charities to ensure we reflect the diversity of Reading and are able to build a genuinely inclusive voluntary sector.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication, planning and organisational skills, and a good understanding of current issues relating to equality and diversity. You will need to be able to understand, balance and respond to the needs of different stakeholder groups and build good relationships. You will be self-motivated, able to meet deadlines and enthusiastic about the challenge.
RVA is looking to recruit an Inclusion Development Worker to help us further the following aims:
- To ensure RVA is an inclusive charity that reflects the diversity of Reading in the shaping of our staff team, volunteers, trustees and how we work.
- To support local charities and community groups to review their own inclusion policies and develop inclusion plans.
- To collaborate with partners, colleagues and stakeholders to support the local voluntary sector to develop a shared Reading VCS Inclusion Strategy.
- To support local community groups to build their capacity to be able to participate in partnership groups and forums.
- More detailed information about the role is available here: RVA Inclusion Development Worker Job Description and Person Specification.
- See below for information on how to apply.
- For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Herjeet Randhawa by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.