We are looking to recruit a committed Refuge Worker, based in Reading, to provide support, information and advocacy to service users in our refuges who have fled domestic abuse.
Your role is to empower survivors, keeping the safety of them and their children central to our services and you will work as part of a team to ensure they have a safe and welcoming temporary home when they need it. We are looking for an individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is committed to building strong relationships with a wide range of professional agencies. Although based in our Reading refuge, the role will work as part of the refuge team to cover services across Bracknell and Wokingham when needed.
For the above vacancy, the ideal candidate will have experience of working in a confidential and safeguarding environment, and have an understanding of domestic abuse and its impact on families.
- An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate for this role.
- This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
- Please note, suitable candidates will be invited to interview as their applications are received and the first suitable candidate will be recruited.
- To apply please download an application form and full job description from our website: http://www.berkshirewomensaid.org.uk/bwa/working-bwa/
- For further information, please contact email@example.com or call 0118 950 0182.
- NB the closing date for this post is open. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview as their applications are received and the first suitable candidate will be recruited. Please disregard the closing date given below.