Red Balloon Reading, which recovers severely bullied and traumatised children, seeks a part-time Teaching Assistant to support students and staff at the centre. In particular, the post will be responsible for planning and delivering a curriculum based around design and technology. There will also be one-to-one and small group teaching for literacy and numeracy.
The successful candidate will support students in their academic and creative work, accompany them on trips, initiate sporting and other activities, and act as a listener and mentor when appropriate in this unique learning and restorative community.
You will be expected to:
- Support students in their work in design technology as well as literacy and numeracy.
- Act as a ‘listener’ and mentor where appropriate.
- Accompany students on trips and undertake and initiate sporting and other activities with them.
- Cooperate with and assist the teaching staff in their work with students with a focus on literacy and numeracy.
- Consult with the Coordinator or other named person regularly, discussing any concerns that arise and acting on any agreed decisions.
Applicants should be educated to GCSE level, with experience of working with children and young people.
To apply please contact Christina Pepper for an application pack.