Red Balloon Reading, which recovers severely bullied and traumatised children, seeks a part-time Teaching Assistant to support students and staff at the Centre. In particular the post will be responsible for planning and delivering a curriculum based around Art. There will also be one-to-one and small group teaching for literacy and numeracy.
You will be expected to:
- support students in their work in Art as well as literacy and numeracy
- act as a ‘listener’ and mentor where appropriate
- accompany students on trips and undertake and initiate sporting and other activities with them
- cooperate with and assist the teaching staff in their work with students with a focus on literacy and numeracy
- consult with the Coordinator or other named person regularly, discussing any concerns that arise and acting on any agreed decisions
- respond to any perceived need for in-service training
- be a participating member of the community
- abide by and support the philosophy of Red Balloon
- cooperate with the other staff in the running of the Centre
- help with day-to-day duties
- attend staff meetings and INSET when possible.
Please visit our website (http://www.redballoonlearner.org/Vacancies) or contact us for an application pack and form.