Red Balloon Reading provides a blended academic and therapeutic education to severely bullied and traumatised self-excluding children. As the Family Support Worker and a member of the Red Balloon Community you will work to:
- offer face-to-face support to students and families
- cultivate a mentoring relationship with the young people
- facilitate a range of evidence-based parenting programmes
- negotiate personal plans with students
- work with students and staff to monitor and measure progress
- organise and facilitate outings and trips
- attend meetings regarding the student
- work with other agencies (GPs, CAMHS, SENCOs etc) in support of students’ needs
You will also have:
- experience of working in helping or caring capacity with children or families with complex needs
- experience of supporting parents with development of their parenting skills
- the ability to build effective working relationships using mediation and negotiation skills
- the ability to record and provide reports, feedback, and letters of support as required
- a current and clean UK driving licence and use of own vehicle for work purposes when required.
Please note CVs alone will not be accepted for this post. To receive an application pack and form please contact Christina Pepper using the details provided or see our website.