BWA works to enable people living with the devastating impact of domestic abuse to see and make choices about their future and to rebuild safe and strong lives, free from abuse. We are a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
We are looking to recruit a committed Outreach Worker, based in Reading to provide support, risk assessment, information and advocacy to clients who have experienced domestic abuse. Your role is to empower our clients, keeping the safety of them and their children central to our interventions. We are looking for an individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is committed to building strong relationships with a wide range of professional agencies.
For the above vacancy, the ideal candidate will have experience of working in a confidential and safeguarding environment, and have an understanding of domestic abuse and its impact on families.
- An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate for this role.
- A full driving license and access to transport is desirable.
- This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
- For an application pack for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 9500182. No CVs will be accepted and no agencies.
- NB please note that the closing date for this post is open. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview as their applications are received and the first suitable candidate will be recruited. Please disregard the closing date given below.