Citizens Advice Reading works in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support to provide welfare benefits advice to people affected by cancer across Berkshire. Our caseworkers are primarily based at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading but, if required, services are also provided at Wexham Park Hospital in Slough on a one-day-per-week basis.
Our team consists of a number of paid caseworkers and we now have a vacancy for somebody to join the team for 28 hours/week (0.8 FTE). The main responsibilities of the role would be:
- running your own caseload
- attending client appointments at Wexham Park Hospital
- supporting the volunteer members of the team
- contributing to maintaining and developing a quality service
To be successful you will be a fully trained Adviser at Citizens Advice or equivalent and have a good knowledge of welfare benefits, especially sickness and disability benefits (this can however be developed as part of the role). You will also be organised and able to run a caseload, using IT systems to support all areas of your work.
You would need to be comfortable working in a hospital environment with cancer patients whilst being empathetic and sensitive to their needs.
- Please click on this link for an application pack: https://drive.google.com/
drive/folders/1an- 4Lgu5TlW7otGbYP1kS-MNEETsWJF9? usp=sharing
- Please note that the closing date is 5pm on Wednesday 8 January 2020.