Trust House Reading is looking for a committed individual with initiative and zeal to provide practical and emotional support to male victims/survivors affected by rape and sexual abuse in the Thames Valley.
You will work with victims in partnership with other agencies to ensure effective outcomes and monitor the care pathway through the Criminal Justice system.
Initially the job holder would be required to raise awareness across the Thames Valley about male victims of rape and sexual abuse, and encourage male victims to seek support.
- Experience of working with vulnerable male service users.
- Experience of marketing and representing the organisations at external events.
- Knowledge of the impact of rape/sexual violence and sexual abuse on victims.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and housing legislation.
- Understanding of the principles of risk assessment and safety planning.
- Knowledge and experience of what other agencies can offer to support victims of sexual violence.
- Strong crisis management skills.
Please note due to commissioner requirements this role is only open to male applicants and is exempt from ‘The Equality Act 2010’.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Male ISVA job description and application form, explaining how your skills and experience match this job.