Reading Refugee Support Group and Slough Refugee Support have an exciting new opportunity for an Immigration and Asylum OISC Level 2 Caseworker working across both organisations to share and develop best practice and be part of our vision to provide the best support to refugees and asylum seekers across Berkshire.
This role involves:
- Working across 2 organisations in Reading and Slough by agreement.
- Providing advice face to face, over the phone and other mediums.
- Independently managing casework.
- Liaising with clients, Home Office and other agencies.
- Undertaking applications to UKVI, preparing fresh claims, representing clients with UKVI, drafting witness statements, and lodging notices of appeal.
- Drafting lists of documents and general case correspondence to the Home Office and relevant authorities.
You will have excellent communication and drafting skills; have the ability to multi-task, work under the pressure of deadlines and meeting clients’ expectations.
Applicants must be able handle their own case load with minimal supervision. Knowledge of additional language is a bonus. All candidates should have strong ethical standards, team spirit and be passionate about working with asylum seekers and refugees. You will have practical IT skills, be able to work to strict deadlines and have good organisational and methodical skills.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Any applicant from a refugee background, or a client or volunteers at RRSG or SRS with the necessary qualification is guaranteed an interview and supportive feedback.
Please contact us for an application form. Please note CV’s will not be accepted.