Berkshire Women’s Aid is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, based in Reading, which provides support to victims of domestic abuse across Reading, Wokingham and Bracknell. Berkshire Women’s Aid are looking to recruit a new member to its dedicated Helpdesk team. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for anyone contacting BWA.
- The role is for 15 hours per week, on a Wednesday and Thursday from 9am to 5pm.
- This role entails taking calls from both clients and professionals. The Helpdesk team assess and signpost callers to an appropriate service either internally or externally and record this information of BWA’s computer system.
- The successful candidate will have a warm, polite telephone manner, be methodical, calm and empathetic and able to use Microsoft Office.
- An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate for this role.
- This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
- BWA is an equal opportunities employer.
For an application pack for this role, please contact Helen firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 9500182. No CVs will be accepted and no agencies.
NB: the closing date for this post is open. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview as their applications are received and the first suitable candidate will be recruited.