We are a traditional credit union, which is a not-for-profit, regulated financial cooperative run by our members for the members, providing saving opportunities and affordable loans to members. We aim to help financial inclusion for all and help to beat the payday lenders. Our ethos is about encouraging thrift and stopping people getting into financial difficulties
Working 5 mornings a week (20 hours) and as a key part of a small team of paid staff, you will provide day-to-day finance support to the credit union.
Principle duties include
- Accounting for member’s savings and loans,
- Loan officer (training will be given)
- Accounting and reporting for Berkshire Moneywise (sister Charity).
- General office management and
- Membership service absence cover and support when required.
- Accounting qualification or experience to AAT level 2 equivalent (minimum)
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload with minimum supervision.
- A high standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Experience of working with volunteers.
- Experience of Microsoft Office and standard accountancy software (e.g. Sage or equivalent)
- Must be prepared to be an integral part of a small multi-disciplined team that provides mutual cover to each other.
See our website for submission instructions and a full Job Description. You must submit a detailed CV together with a covering letter highlighting relevant experience. Interviews will be held over the first two weeks of September. Phone for an informal discussion to be arranged with the Treasurer, if required