The Samaritans are looking for a reliable person who is familiar with outdoor equipment and local to the Reading area, to manage the Festival Branch equipment store.
The Equipment Manager’s main responsibilities are:
- maintaining the Branch’s store of outdoor equipment
- replenishing consumable items throughout the busiest season, usually mid June to mid September
- assisting the festival teams in loading and unloading their equipment before and after each event (loading tends to be June – September)
- maintaining good communications with the branch leadership team and flagging up any equipment issues.
The branch pays £3,000 per year in four quarterly payments. The Equipment Manager can also claim expenses and has access to a float so that they are not out of pocket when replenishing consumable items during the events season. Volunteers also assist the Equipment Manager in maintaining the equipment throughout the year.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- assist loading and unloading of equipment about 20 times per year during the working week
- spend 3 weekends per year on equipment maintenance (with the assistance of volunteers)
- replenish camping gas and other consumables during the festival season.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would be suited to the role. Please include information on whether you are local to the Reading area and whether you have your own transport.