A great opportunity has arisen to join an established project that is part of the town-wide approach to reduce isolation and loneliness. We are looking for an experienced manager who enjoys building partnerships and who has the vision and drive to see Engage Befriending continue to grow in its ability to meet the needs of older people.
You will manage Engage Befriending’s service provision, staff and volunteers in accordance with its aims and objectives and within The Mustard Tree’s vision. The main tasks will include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the project
- Building partnerships and increase awareness of the service
- Securing funding and ensuring long-term sustainability
- Managing and supporting the Engage Befriending team
- Developing strategies and best practice, to increase the wellbeing of isolated and lonely older people
- Representing the charity and its ethos.
We are looking for someone with experience of managing or supervising a team and experience of financial management. You will need good communication and presentation skills, to be PC literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and to have an understanding of the effects of isolation and loneliness and the issues affecting older people.
This is a part-time position for 20 hours per week.