Brighter Futures for Children is an independent, not-for-profit-company, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council. Our responsibility is to deliver quality children’s services, early help, education and Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) services to children and families in Reading.
The detached youth worker will develop and deliver a detached youth work provision within targeted communities in Reading, which diverts young people from anti-social behaviour, substance misuse, encourages positive activities and supports community cohesion.
- You should have previous experience working with young people and their families and have knowledge of the issues affecting young people in their community.
- This position is predominately based in Whitley, Southcote and Coley Park but other areas of Reading will also be covered.
- See further information and application details.
- If you would like to find out more about these roles please contact Ian Barks on 0118 9374008.
- Interviews will take place between 7 October and 18 October 2019.